Presently employed as an Instructional Designer with the Institute of Certified Professional Managers, a business center of the College of Business at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA. Day to day tasks involve utilizing a variety of skills including web design, web development, project management, search engine optimization, website marketing and website analytics.
- Integrated website into content management system ExpressionEngine.
- Designed organization's store page by integrating the ecommerce platform plugin CartThrob for ExpressionEngine.
- Developed flowcharts and outlines to help construct a new customer onboarding process and managed a complete member management system migration which included over 3,000 users.
- Designed and developed several complex forms to gather user data and assist with customer onboarding; form layout and function have resulted in an increase of over 133% in customer conversions.
- Hired and project managed several freelancers to assist with the development of custom ExpressionEngine plugins and integrations.
- Implemented Heap Analytics into the website in order to develop sales funnels and identify key areas of the site where customer bounces were occuring.
- Helped implement and customize inbound marketing applications like Hubspot, Mautic and Wishpond.
- Designed current Learning Management System (LMS); developed specs, flowchart and bid proposal for LMS development. Project managed Learning Management System development with a $100k budget.
- Installed and maintain two WordPress installations.
Worked as lead designer and developer for all projects in addition to duties as VP of a web development firm in Harrisonburg, VA. Assumed the role of project manager for several projects including an in-house texting and driving mobile application.
- Integrated websites using a number of content management systems including WordPress, ExpressionEngine, Joomla and CushyCMS.
- Met with customers and potential clients to review project specs, determine requirements, identify project timelines and develop project budgets.
- Implemented Google Analytics as well as Search Engine Optimization practices into client websites.
- Developed flowcharts, outlines, project specs and database schema in addition to identifying and hiring outsourced developers to develop a texting and driving mobile application.
Established my own web design/development firm, JSL Interactive Design. Firm grew into freelance web design and development for a number of companies in Harrisonburg, Charlottesville and Martinsburg, VA. Developed a solid networking relationship where I continue to undertake freelance work that includes web design/development, identity design, graphic design and consulting.
- Designed a simple response framework, Bookcase, consisting of LESS, SASS and Stylus - https://github.com/jslid/Bookcase
- Design logos, brochures, business cards, flyers and letterheads; assist in developing brand identities.
- Utilize best practices for Search Engine Optimization.
- Consult on issues regarding web design, web development, ecommerce development, website hosting and content management systems.
- Meet with clients to review project requirements, develop project timelines and identify project budgets.